Versatile kit teaches students how pulleys redirect force to aid in lifting or transmitting power. Hands-on activities and experiments show students that instead of simply lifting a heavy object, they can pull down on a pulley to redirect force and lift it. A 32-page teacher’s guide introduces students to the fundamentals of pulleys through fun experiments. It also includes reproducible activity sheets and assessment ideas. 70-piece kit gets the entire class to experiment with a variety of configurations. Recommended for Elementary and up.
- Single-Sheave Pulleys, Set of 18
- Double-Sheave Pulleys, Set of 12
- Triple-Sheave Pulleys, Set of 12
- Spring Scales (500 g/5 N), Set of 6
- Twine, 1 roll
- Pulley Chain Links, Set of 20
- Pulleys in Motion Teacher’s Guide, 1 Ea